The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Superleague Consolation

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Got a severe right hand runner, Connor's Legacy - I wouldn't mind drawing for traps each time, if people thought it was fairer and would stop "seeding for the advantage". If she drew the Red box - tough stuff.

Judith x

My dog is a left hand runner but not severe she just drift's. At Dawdon she run's up the long grass. So if a dog who is sever is in the same race then I'll swop trap's. But to all you who think just let a dog race and get on with it if it get's hit tuff Then have a long hard think about what I've gone through this week and see if you would like it then. The last time I raced Belle the dog on the right of her came straight over and spun her. Ever since then when I was walking her she was droping on her right side. The result having a week not Knowing if she would run again as I was giving a 50/50 chance last week. Luckly she's going to be ok just going to take time. So if you think it'll be ok to go on the left or right of a dog that goes that way then i hope it dosn't happen it you. :rant:

u are always gonna get left or right hand runners simple as that if i had one that wasn't a sided runner i would swap with a seeded runner any day in order to get a decent race :thumbsup: time mr gill answered this having had a bitch like samsara :thumbsup: never saw a dog run so wide brilliant bitch at that :thumbsup:

when samsara raced she was a very bad right hand runner straight out of the traps and over to the right, on one occasion she was drawn out of the white in a race at murton and she went straight over to the right and clattered the other dog in the black (and won the race ),someone was heard to say that dog should be disqualified for fighting :lol my opinion is why she was only going to the side she wanted .

the moral of this story is the same people who said she should be thrown out were the same people who where also heard to say if you want to beat her put your dog down as a right hand runner and hope she ( samsara ) gets a bad draw.

and that still goes on today :oops:

just have gary :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
bloody hell that was quick john lol lets hope everyone who disagrees with seeding never needs to be seeded or it may Be different :oops: not a dig at my mate boydy lol its a subject i think we will have to agree to disagree on :thumbsup:

:oops: double posted :b

Even thought I seed Belle she isn't a bad left hand runner but put her on the right and she will push to get to the left. If I was in with a dog that I know to be bad left hand runner and I get the red then I will swop with the dog couse i know there's nothing worse than a dog getting hit. The only reason I seed Belle is if I didn't and she goes to the left then she be thrown out so i let people know she a left hand drifter.

yes gary it's a difficult subject to sort out there are genuine left & right hand runners and some who just seed there dog for seeding sake.

it wants sorting out especially at the champs. :))

i agree the system gets abused and spoils it for the genuine racers :( i could name some but i am remembering the famous words of a very wise lady :D

i think this shud be split into two different topics the superleague consolation and seeding your dogs.

i used to ask for the middle box for mickey whizz and sometimes id get told u cant seed your dog middle (why? i dont know) today @ the handicap whisper whizz was off the right hand side (we change the red each week one week left one week right) he had a half a yard start on kaiser chief and all the way up the track he tried to get his left hand side. putting all left or right hand runners in together IMO is just asking for trouble and injuries ie sharons bellerella blue. the only thing it wud solve is who is the true left hand/right hand runners IMO.

I for one would sooner finish with whippet racing all together rather than have some one unqualified --tell me which of my dogs need anything at all------ ranting2.gif

so like i said put all right hand side runners in same race thumbsup.gif

all the left hand side runners in same race thumbsup.gif

all the straight runner is the same race thumbsup.gif

what you would be left with would suit every one for the final ----thats a first poster_oops.gif

a left hand runner

a right hand runner

a dog that would chase the lure wherever it was to go-

In reply to the above, after your first sentence stating you would rather pack in than be told by someone unqualified where your dogs should be, you then in the next few lines proceed to tell everyone what to do with their dogs.

why don't you take a look at the way the N.G.R.C. do it, they seed : rails,middle & wide. This huge organisation which look after thousands of race dogs and range from the give aways to the many thousands of pounds dogs. They have been doing it for many years. From what I've read on this topic, they have got it all wrong. Perhaps someone should contact them and enlighten them. Cheers Mick :- ".

Quote--In reply to the above, after your first sentence stating you would rather pack in than be told by someone unqualified where your dogs should be, you then in the next few lines proceed to tell everyone what to do with their dogs.

why don't you take a look at the way the N.G.R.C. do it,,------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

They have also been doing at lot of others things for years ----

Our dogs are kept in the house with us and are pets first and formost not just racers--

If i wished to race greyhounds i would do so but i am afraid i have absolutely no interest in them at all so dont need to be familiar with thier rules --

I like yourself was not telling anyone what to do with thier dogs mearly expressing an opinion ---/suggesting! refer to earlier post -- what i think is fair play for all-

but

thanks for pointing out the points i knew nothing about i will have a look-

steve

kipper fluke said:
Quote-Straight" running dogs are not disadvantaged------ I disagree dogs in handicap racing is not to bad as they are spread out up the track----at different weights --------.....thats my point ---no one should get any preferential treatment all should be treated the same

Steve you're quoting out of context there.The rest of the sentance explains why "straight dogs are not disadvantaged - "because at present because owners are at liberty to seed their dogs if they wish and hence have the same chance of acheiving a wide trap as anyone else. No one is getting preferential treatment

kipper fluke said:
You Tony are the first person i have ever heard say you dont mind being in middle traps --- well fair play to you i know i dont want to be --

I'd much rather be in the middle than on the wrong side of a wide runner. I can't actually think of any times on the straights where I've been hampered simply by being in the middle boxes. I've mainly scratched raced so most of my racing has been off level breaks. No one wants a true right hand runner in red or a left hand runner in orange - it' spoils the race.

Tony Taylor said:
kipper fluke said:
Quote-Straight" running dogs are not disadvantaged------ I disagree dogs in handicap racing is not to bad as they are spread out up the track----at different weights --------.....thats my point ---no one should get any preferential treatment all should be treated the same

Steve you're quoting out of context there.The rest of the sentance explains why "straight dogs are not disadvantaged - "because at present because owners are at liberty to seed their dogs if they wish and hence have the same chance of acheiving a wide trap as anyone else. No one is getting preferential treatment

kipper fluke said:
You Tony are the first person i have ever heard say you dont mind being in middle traps --- well fair play to you i know i dont want to be --

I'd much rather be in the middle than on the wrong side of a wide runner. I can't actually think of any times on the straights where I've been hampered simply by being in the middle boxes. I've mainly scratched raced so most of my racing has been off level breaks. No one wants a true right hand runner in red or a left hand runner in orange - it' spoils the race.

I am doing exactly the same as Mutley and taking that wise old ladies advise ---

with regards to this ---- :thumbsup:

Steve

if you can seed left or right, how to you go on with ballajura goes straight up the middle, if he is on the left or right he pulls to the middle on the lure. just dont seed him and hope he gets the white. should be able to seed middle to keep the race right. anyway you can be on the left of some dogs and they come over and lean on and the same dog you can be on the right and they still comes over and leans on what do you do then :blink:

kipper fluke said:
Tony Taylor said:
kipper fluke said:

kipper fluke said:

I'd much rather be in the middle than on the wrong side of a wide runner. I can't tually think of any times on the straights where I've been hampered simply by being in the middle boxes. I've mainly scratched raced so most of my racing has been off level breaks. No one wants a true right hand runner in red or a left hand runner in orange - it' spoils the race.

:D :D :D :D :D :thumbsup:

I am doing exactly the same as Mutley and taking that wise old ladies advise ---

with regards to this ---- :thumbsup:

Steve

I think all tracks should have marksman------ if the dogs don't run straight :blink:

shoot the b--stards!

:clown: sorted!

Karen

02-wlp11.jpg

This lad should be there to shoot any bent owners :oops:

Karen-Coral said:
I think all tracks should have marksman------ if the dogs don't run straight :blink: shoot the b--stards!

Karen

You mustn't have a dog that need's a side Karen or you wouldn't be calling them B****rds or having them shot :rant: .My dog's a lefty and she isn't a B and I wouldn't have her Shot.

Know it was probably a joke but when you have a dog that like's a side then that's no joke we would all prefare a straight runner.

sharon whincop said:
Karen-Coral said:
I think all tracks should have marksman------ if the dogs don't run straight :blink: shoot the b--stards!

Karen

You mustn't have a dog that need's a side Karen or you wouldn't be calling them B****rds or having them shot :rant: .My dog's a lefty and she isn't a B and I wouldn't have her Shot.

Know it was probably a joke but when you have a dog that like's a side then that's no joke we would all prefare a straight runner.

Mutley----

Another case for what the wise old lady said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back